- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- COVID Vaccination Appointment
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Main Entrance Hours
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plans
- Medication Resources
- Patient Portal
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Family & Internal Medicine - 402-228-4295
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Call: (402) 228-3344
- Acute Care
- Beatrice Women's Aesthetics
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Pain Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- BCH Home Health Honored
- Discounted Blood Draw
A baby's birth is cause for celebration and at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center, births are celebrated with a variety of "extra" touches that help families welcome their infants into the world.
Our Maternity Unit is located on the south end of the hospital, on the west side of our Patient Wing.
This private unit includes two Labor/Delivery/Recovery rooms with whirlpool baths, two post-partum rooms, two labor rooms, one swing room, and one observation room.
Our staff of RNs and LPNs care for mothers and babies during labor and delivery as well as providing nursery services, The staff has access to two pediatricians, a physician assistant, and a nurse practitioner who are available 24 hours a day.
Our Maternity Unit delivers 200 babies annually and works in collaboration with our two obstetricians, midwife, and family doctors.
Our Maternity Unit offers a caring and progressive environment to new mothers and families. Our services include: a central monitoring system, hearing screen testing, infant security system, birth and family preparation classes, and breastfeeding support. After your baby is born, a lullaby is played on our overhead paging system so that the entire hospital can celebrate your joy as well!
Combining the newest technologies with modern design is our way of making sure advanced care is always there for you and your family.
Baby's First Picture
It's a special moment when moms and dads see their baby for the first time in the mother's womb. Ultrasound uses sound waves to safely and painlessly gather detailed information on how your baby is developing. Mothers who have their ultrasounds performed at Beatrice Community Hospital receive a complementary CD with photos of their baby's images.
Lullaby Announces Each Birth
The arrival of each baby is "musically" announced throughout Beatrice Community Hospital with several measures of Brahms' Lullaby, and always brings smiles to everyone in the hospital.
Handmade Baby Caps
Each infant receives a handmade cap, lovingly made by volunteers in the community. Each cap is unique and becomes a treasured family keepsake.
Infant Hugs Security System
The Hugs security system keeps your baby safe while in Beatrice Community Hospital. A bracelet is placed on the infant's ankle after birth. The system monitors the baby's location so hospital staff can transport your infant, but will send an alarm throughout the hospital if taken off the unit by someone other than hospital staff.
The footprints of each baby are posted on a Bulletin Board, announcing the first name and weight of every boy and girl.
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906