- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plan
- Patient Portal
- Quiet Hour at the Hospital
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Internal Medicine Clinic - 402-228-3545
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Community Medical Center - 402-228-4295
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Community Events
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Acute Care
- Aesthetic Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- A Patient's Story - Wound & Ostomy Services
- A Patient's Story - Patient Financial Services
- Cindy Melcher 2019 Caring Kind Recipient
- Governor's Wellness Award - Grower
- BCH HomeCare Elite Award for 2019
- Chad Jurgens New Senior Executive, Financial Services
- BCH Launches New Residency Program
- BCH Home Health Named HomeCare Elite Agency
- Jurgens Joins BCH Senior Executive Team
4800 Hospital Parkway
North U.S. Highway 77
Beatrice, Nebraska 68310
Our pediatric therapists help children reach their highest potential by working on developmental skills while allowing kids to play and have fun.
Our new pediatric gym is designed for children of all ages to improve skills and daily quality of life for children and families. Co-treatment is available for optimal outcomes.
Occupational therapists assist children in acquiring the skills they need to optimally perform daily tasks and the "job" of being a child. These include areas of play, upper extremity and fine motor skills, self-help skills, social interaction, sensory processing skills, and emotional/behavioral regulation.
We provide treatment for:
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Feeding difficulties - SOS-trained therapist available
- Fine motor and visual motor delay
- Social skills and emotional regulation
- Difficulty with self-care skills
- Cognitive delays
- Poor core strength
- Poor bilateral coordination
- Hand-Eye Coordination
Emily Foland, MOT, OTR/L
Emily Foland earned her Bachelor of Rehabilitation Studies in May 2016 and her Master of Occupational Therapy Degree in May 2017 from College of Saint Mary, Omaha. She completed clinical rotations at Children's Rehab Center in Grand Island and Mid America Rehabilitation Hospital in Overland Park, Kansas. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center after graduation.
While Emily enjoys working with patients of all ages, she has a special interest in the pediatric population.
A Doniphan native, Emily now lives in Lincoln with her husband, Cory. They enjoy spending time outdoors and being with friends and family.
Brooke Jensen, OTD, OTR/L
Brooke Jensen earned her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Degree in December 2013 from Creighton University, Omaha. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in May 2015.
Brooke has a special interest in helping children with sensory processing disorder, autism and visual deficits. She is trained in Sequential Oral Sensory Approach to Feeding (SOS).
Brooke and her husband, Josh, live near Pickrell with their son, Connor. She enjoys an active lifestyle and is a fan of Kansas City Royals baseball.
Physical therapists help children to be more independent with mobility by focusing on coordination and postural control.
We provide treatment for:
- Delays in rolling, crawling, sitting, walking
- Poor balance
- Abnormal gait / walking
- Generalized strengthening
- Torticollis treatment
- Orthotic consultation
- Gross motor development
- Posture / Body Alignment
Kasey Murphy, DPT
Kasey Murphy earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2012. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in August 2012.
She completed a pediatric clinical internship at Children’s Rehab Center in Grand Island. She enjoys working with pediatric patients and their families. Kasey has attended training for torticollis treatment and neurodevelopmental techniques (NDT), along with several other pediatric courses. She is also a participant in the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy mentorship program.
Kristin Riekenberg, DPT
Kristin Riekenberg earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2013. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in 2014.
She enjoys working at BCHHC for many reasons, but perhaps her favorite is the variety of patient types she gets to see. Since starting work at the hospital, she has attended training for treatment of vestibular disorders such as vertigo as well as several pediatric courses to advance knowledge of therapeutic interventions for pediatric conditions.
She lives in Beatrice with her husband, Brian, and their children.
Speech language pathologists help children develop functional communication, as well as diagnose and treat speech, language, cognition, voice and swallowing disorders which may result from illness or injury.
Joseph Neri, MS, CCC-SLP
Joe Neri earned his Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Pathology from the University of Central Oklahoma. He began working for Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in October 2015.
He works primarily with pediatric patients.
He enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, running, and being outdoors.
Orthotic Services & Adaptive Equipment
- Can assist with arm splints, braces for feet and other positioning devices.
- Can assist in finding and providing compensatory or adaptive devices such as communication aids that work best for a child to increase their independence and quality of life.
- Can assist with finding and providing appropriate wheelchair and other positioning devices for optimal and safe positioning.
Would my child benefit?
We encourage you to visit with your family doctor or pediatrician regarding whether physical, occupational and/or speech therapy would be beneficial for your child.
With your doctor’s prescription, we can help your child while having fun at the same time.
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906