- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plan
- Medication Resources
- Patient Portal
- Quiet Hour at the Hospital
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Family & Internal Medicine - 402-228-4295 or 402-228-3545
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Community Events
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Call: (402) 228-3344
- Acute Care
- Beatrice Women's Aesthetics
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- A Patient's Story - Wound & Ostomy Services
- A Patient's Story - Patient Financial Services
- Cindy Melcher 2019 Caring Kind Recipient
- Governor's Wellness Award - Grower
- BCH HomeCare Elite Award for 2019
- Chad Jurgens New Senior Executive, Financial Services
- BCH Launches New Residency Program
- BCH Home Health Named HomeCare Elite Agency
- Jurgens Joins BCH Senior Executive Team
- A Patient's Story - Pediatric Rehab Services
- Years of Service Celebrated
- BCH Town Hall Meeting June 9
- Dr. Kim Hill honored with Ambassador Award
- Test Nebraska Site Moves to Gage County Fairgrounds
We offer a free monthly Joint Camp to provide you with information about hip or knee joint replacement surgery as well as insights into having surgery at our hospital. No preregistration is required.
When are the classes held?
Our classes are usually held on the third Thursday of each month. We offer some evening and some afternoon sessions thoughout the year.
Check the following list to find the day and time that works best for you. We believe the more you know the better your outcome. Please call if you have questions or concerns about attending Joint Camp.
BCH Conference Center
November 21, 6:30 p.m.
December 19, 2:30 p.m.
BCH Conference Center
January 16, 6:30 p.m.
February 20, 6:30 p.m.
March 19, 2:30 p.m.
April 16, 6:30 p.m.
May 21, 6:30 p.m.
June 18, 2:30 p.m.
July 16, 6:30 p.m.
August 20, 6:30 p.m.
September 17, 2:30 p.m.
October 15, 6:30 p.m.
November 19, 6:30 p.m.
December 17, 2:30 p.m.
Who should come to Joint Camp?
- If you are scheduled for a total joint replacement, you are strongly encouraged to attend a total joint camp.
- If you are trying to decide if a total joint replacement is for you.
- Some of the most common reasons that people have total joint replacements include:
- Severe knee or hip pain that limits everyday activities.
- Moderate or severe pain while resting, either day or night.
- The ideal time for surgery is often when other measures such as medicines, exercise, weight loss and alternative therapies no longer work.
What will you learn if you come to Joint Camp?
- We will provide information on what you can expect before, during and after your surgery:
- Anatomy & physiology of the knee and hip
- Anesthesia options
- Preparing yourself and your home for surgery
- Inform you of your role in decreasing your risk of developing a surgical site infection
- Visitor information
- What to expect the day of surgery
- Rehabilitation: Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Total knee and hip replacement exercises
- Discharge options
- Caring for your new joint at home
- Decrease your anxiety level.
- Answer any questions you may have.
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906