- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plan
- Patient Portal
- Quiet Hour at the Hospital
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Internal Medicine Clinic - 402-228-3545
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Community Medical Center - 402-228-4295
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Community Events
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Acute Care
- Aesthetic Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- A Patient's Story - Wound & Ostomy Services
- A Patient's Story - Patient Financial Services
- Cindy Melcher 2019 Caring Kind Recipient
- Governor's Wellness Award - Grower
- BCH HomeCare Elite Award for 2019
- Chad Jurgens New Senior Executive, Financial Services
- BCH Launches New Residency Program
- BCH Home Health Named HomeCare Elite Agency
- Jurgens Joins BCH Senior Executive Team
- A Patient's Story - Pediatric Rehab Services
If you have questions about insurance qualification, please call 402-223-7341.
We can assist you.
Physical Therapy is provided through the Rehabilitation Services Department at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center. Therapy services are provided to inpatients, swing bed patients, home health patients, athletes, and outpatients of all ages throughout Southeast Nebraska.
- Joint replacement
- Sports injuries
- Pediatric conditions
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Burn/Wound care
- Women's health issues
- General orthopedic, strengthening and endurance
- Orthotic Services & Adaptive Equipment
- Can assist with arm splints, braces for feet and other positioning devices.
- Can assist in finding and providing compensatory or adaptive devices such as communication aids that work best for a patient to increase their independence and quality of life.
- Can assist with finding and providing appropriate wheelchair and other positioning devices for optimal and safe positioning.
Meet Our Staff
Garret VanBrocklin, director, MPT
Garret Van Brocklin earned his Master of Science Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1995. He began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in June 1995.
Garret has special interests in sports rehab, shoulder rehab, joint replacement and orthopedic injuries/therapy.
He has additional training in sports injury/rehab, wound care and orthopedic rehab.
Garret grew up in Creighton, and currently lives in Cortland. He and his wife, Susan, have four children: Ben, Zach, Anna and Eli. Garret spends his spare time coaching youth sports, cycling, fishing, kayaking and attending his children’s activities.
Jason Hatcliff, MPT
Jason Hatcliff earned his Master’s of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1999. He began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in 2001.
Jason has a special interest in sports injuries/sports rehab and orthopedic conditions. He serves as the Rehabilitation Services Department Clinical Education Coordinator.
Jason grew up in DeWitt, and he and his wife, Jaime, have three daughters. Jason enjoys watching his daughters play sports, hunting and fishing.
Jordan Kershaw, DPT
Jordan Kershaw earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in July 2018.
Jordan has additional certifications in dry needling, blood flow restriction training, and vestibular rehabilitation. He enjoys rehabbing orthopedic conditions including sports injuries and joint replacements, as well as treating patients with vertigo.
Jordan grew up in Culbertson, and now lives in Beatrice with his fiancé, Jill. He enjoys working out, playing basketball and golf, and attending Husker events.
Kasey Murphy, DPT
Kasey Murphy earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2012. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in August 2012.
She enjoys working with the pediatric population and women’s health patients. She is trained in the treatment of pelvic pain, urinary incontinence, and urogynecological disorders through Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute. Kasey has attended several courses to advance her knowledge of various pediatric conditions and pediatric treatment interventions.
Kasey serves as a delegate for the Nebraska Physical Therapy Association.
Kasey lives near Odell with her husband, Trevor, and their twins. She enjoys running and spending time with family.
Kristin Riekenberg, DPT
Kristin Riekenberg earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2013.
She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in 2014. She enjoys working at BCHHC for many reasons, but perhaps her favorite is the variety of patient types she gets to see. Since starting work at the hospital, she has attended training for treatment of vestibular disorders such as vertigo as well as several pediatric courses to advance knowledge of therapeutic interventions for pediatric conditions.
She lives in Beatrice with her husband, Brian, and their children.
Justin Schardt PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
Justin Schardt earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center in 2008. He began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in 2017.
Stephanie Sorensen, PT
Stephanie Sorensen earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1985. She started working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in August 2000.
Stephanie has a special interest in geriatrics, orthopedics and women’s health, and is certified in weight training for the elderly. Stephanie grew up in Rising City. She and her husband, Jay, have been married for 30 years and have two adult children. Stephanie enjoys gardening, golfing, cooking and traveling.
Amanda Thimm, PT
Amanda Thimm earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology in 2002 and her Master of Physical Therapy Degree in 2004 from Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri. She began working for Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in July 2012.
Amanda has special interests in aquatic therapy and orthopedic patients.
Originally from a small town in Missouri, Amanda moved to Beatrice when her husband began farming with his family. She enjoys spending time with family and friends and stays active taking care of her two young boys.
Annette Wehnes, DPT, certified athletic trainer
Annette Wehnes earned her Bachelor's
Degree in Athletic Training from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2002 and her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center in 2005.
Annette has special training in manual therapy and Kinesio Taping techniques, in addition to being a certified and licensed athletic trainer.
Annette has a special interest in treating a variety of orthopedic issues including: joint replacements, athletic injuries and dysfunctions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Annette grew up near Bennet and graduated from Palmyra High School. In her spare time she enjoys remodeling her home, caring for her pets (one dog and two cats), and showing her two horses.
Karlie Byleen, DPT
Mandy Cramer, DPT
Ryan Knight, DPT
Assistants & Aides
Secretaries & Schedulers
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906