- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- COVID Registration Information
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plan
- Medication Resources
- Patient Portal
- Quiet Hour at the Hospital
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Family & Internal Medicine - 402-228-4295
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Community Events
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Call: (402) 228-3344
- Acute Care
- Beatrice Women's Aesthetics
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- A Patient's Story - Wound & Ostomy Services
- A Patient's Story - Patient Financial Services
- Cindy Melcher 2019 Caring Kind Recipient
- Governor's Wellness Award - Grower
- BCH HomeCare Elite Award for 2019
- Chad Jurgens New Senior Executive, Financial Services
- BCH Launches New Residency Program
- BCH Home Health Named HomeCare Elite Agency
- Jurgens Joins BCH Senior Executive Team
- A Patient's Story - Pediatric Rehab Services
- Years of Service Celebrated
- BCH Town Hall Meeting June 9
- Dr. Kim Hill honored with Ambassador Award
- Test Nebraska Site Moves to Gage County Fairgrounds
Cognitive-Linguistic Disorders – Assess memory, problem solving and sequencing related to linguistic skills, with education on compensatory strategies.
Language & Speech Impairment – Assess and treat receptive and expressive language skills related to aphasia, dementia, or other disorders affecting language function.
LSVT LOUD – Treatment for patients with Parkinson’s, focused on using a patient’s voice at a more “normal” loudness.
Modified Barium Swallow Study – An X-ray procedure used to determine how a patient is currently swallowing and determine if dysphagia or aspiration are present. This provides information for speech therapist to recommend swallow strengthening exercises and/or modify diet as needed.
Neurological Conditions – Assess and treat patients with a focus on increasing independence with communication, cognition in activities of daily living for patients with dementia, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, MS, and others.
Pediatric Therapy for Expressive and Receptive Language Delays – Facilitate language development and communication skills through cooperative play for children with developmental delays and disorders, genetic disorders, and Autism spectrum disorders.
Stuttering – Treatment focused on increasing verbal fluency through development of compensatory strategies.
Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) – Assess and treat swallowing disorders with a focus on determining the safest diet to decrease risk of aspiration, improving strength and coordination, and strategies to encourage a safe swallow.
Voice Loss or Disorders – Treatment focused on reducing vocal hyper-function, laryngeal tension and supporting good quality vocal production and habits.
Meet Our Staff
Ashley Lester, MS, CCC-SLP
Ashley Lester earned her Master of Science Degree in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Nebraska, Omaha, in 2010. She began working at Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in August 2010.
She enjoys working with adult patients who have swallowing/dysphagia challenges, and voice rehab.
She is Lee Silverman Voice Treatment Certified and has training in Modified Barium Swallows.
Ashley grew up near Dallas, Texas, and moved to Nebraska for college. She lives in Lincoln, Nebraska, with her husband, Brandon, and two children.
Joseph Neri, MS, CCC-SLP
Joe Neri earned his Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Pathology from the University of Central Oklahoma. He began working for Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center in October 2015.
He works primarily with pediatric patients.
He enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, running, and being outdoors.
Jane Stokebrand, MS, CCC-SLP
Brittany Waller, MS, CCC-SLP
Assistants & Aides
Secretaries & Schedulers
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906