- Find A Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hospitalists & Emergency Room
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Assistants
- Patients & Visitors
- Café Menu
- Five Wishes Advance Care Planning
- Medical Record
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Financial Services
- General Information
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Amount Generally Billed Calculation
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers
- Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary
- Hospital Pre-Registration Form
- Obstetrics Prepayment Plan
- Medication Resources
- Patient Portal
- Quiet Hour at the Hospital
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Social Services
- Visiting Hours
- Health Services
- Beatrice Medical Center - 402-228-3366
- Beatrice Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - 402-228-5417
- Beatrice Women's & Children's Clinic - 402-228-3117
- Express Care Clinic - 402-223-6543
- Family & Internal Medicine - 402-228-4295 or 402-228-3545
- Gage County Medical Clinic - 402-228-3436
- Southeast Nebraska Surgery - 402-228-4236
- Specialty Physician Clinics - 402-223-7275
- Wymore Medical Clinic - 402-645-3310
- Community Events
- Home & Community Services
- Hospital Services
- Call: (402) 228-3344
- Acute Care
- Beatrice Women's Aesthetics
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Center
- Joint Camp
- Nutritional Services
- Sleep Center
- Wound and Ostomy Services
- Rehabilitative Services
- About Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Annual Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Map & Directions
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Public Relations and Media
- Join Our Newsletter
- A Patient's Story - Wound & Ostomy Services
- A Patient's Story - Patient Financial Services
- Cindy Melcher 2019 Caring Kind Recipient
- Governor's Wellness Award - Grower
- BCH HomeCare Elite Award for 2019
- Chad Jurgens New Senior Executive, Financial Services
- BCH Launches New Residency Program
- BCH Home Health Named HomeCare Elite Agency
- Jurgens Joins BCH Senior Executive Team
- A Patient's Story - Pediatric Rehab Services
- Years of Service Celebrated
- BCH Town Hall Meeting June 9
Beatrice Community Hospital was recognized this month by
Governor Pete Ricketts and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services with a 2019 Governor’s Wellness -- Grower Award.
Beatrice Community Hospital is one of 42 Nebraska employers honored this year for offering evidence-based worksite wellness programs to its employees.
“The businesses recognized today are putting people first and are making the workplace a healthy environment,” Ricketts said. “Worksite wellness provides an opportunity for Nebraskans to live healthy lives, improve quality of life, and help grow a healthier Nebraska for the next generation.”
The Wellness Program at Beatrice Community Hospital is available to all BCH employees and spouses who are insured through the BCH Health Insurance Program.
Based on wellness screenings at the beginning and the end of the three-year award cycle, the employees in the BCH Wellness Program experienced a 5 percent reduction in high blood pressure, a 2 percent increase in physical activity and a 6 percent improvement in HDL cholesterol.
Programs that have been instituted at BCH over the last three years, include:
- Smart Moves -- a lifestyle and behavior change program focusing on sustainable changes to diet, exercise and health improvement.
- Flight Program -- combines exercise testing and health coaching to help participants improve their fitness level, change their diet and live a healthier life.
- Boost -- in combination with Best Care EAP, participants can learn stress management and personal development skills to tackle their daily routines.
- Personal Health Coaching -- one-on-one health coaching that focuses on making reasonable goals to help participants improve their health in a number of ways, including diet, exercise, sleep and time management, through behavior and habit changes.
The BCH Wellness Program, led by Erin Williams, director of Nutritional Services, and Mike Hahn, Wellness Program specialist, also supports several other efforts at BCH, such as the annual BCH Health Fair.
The Governor’s Wellness Award has three categories. The Sower Award recognizes workplaces that have established quality wellness programs; the Grower Award honors businesses and organizations demonstrating significant improvement in employee health behaviors; and the Harvester award recognizes businesses that are experiencing documented value and return on investment.
Awards are presented annually and are good for three years. BCH earned the Sower Award three years ago.
The award program is a partnership between the Governor’s Office, DHHS, and the Nebraska Safety Council/WorkWell.
4800 Hospital Parkway
Beatrice, NE, 68310-6906